Thursday, May 7, 2009

Sleepless Nights




Wow, I can't believe it's almost been a month since I've 'blogged'..come to think of it, I've been meaning to..I've so much going on in my head but it's all mush, I can't seem to put it all together, but anyway today I'm feeling a bit more composed, refreshed...Ah, it's nice to get more than 4 hours of sleep :)

So the goobster is now crawling! yay! she officially started crawling as of Sunday May 3rd, and when I mean crawling I mean truly crawling, where you can hear the little swishing of legs crawling down the hallway LOL! It's too cute! I would never have imagined or pictured hearing a little person crawling down the hallway to find mama. It just makes my heart melt <3

She is also getting more into things, like opening drawers and wanting to put her fingers in the outlets..but no worries, we've started baby proofing the house :) she also has mustered up the courage to pull herself up when holding on to surfaces like the coffee table and the couch. As far as her speech, better yet her vocabulary skills , ah well..her favorite word to say (and it's all thanks to yours truly...) is 'shet' LOL. How did this come about you ask? Well a few weeks ago, I dropped something and I said 'oh shit' and since her little brain is like a sponge...well it absorbed that word and well she loves saying it over and over..aye! So we've learned that we need to start watching what we say or else she may pick up other grand vocab words :P

We have begun to transition goobie to her crib, yes 11 months too late..I know...and well that has been a challenge in itself. It's been really difficult for her :( and us, but especially me. People, and supposed experts advise you to let the baby cry it out, but how could you have the heart to let your baby cry themselves to sleep, tire themselves out by crying...I tried it for half an hour the other night, and I tell you I still feel guilty for letting her cry for that long..it got to the point where she wanted to throw up..I couldn't take it, I picked her up, there was no way I was going to let her continuing suffering like that :( I just didn't have the heart or perhaps the guts..bleh whatever! So I picked her up and took her to the living room and soothed her back to sleep, once she was fast asleep (which was around 5am) I put her back in the crib and she stayed there until she woke up a few hours later. I thought she would wake up mad, and resentful but instead she woke up, sat up in the crib and gave us her usual morning smile :) so it was a tough night..but last night was a lot better! hence the reason I say I feel refreshed! I put her to bed with me around 9, she fell asleep, I transitioned her to the crib, but around 11 she woke up and didn't want to stay there, so I picked her up and put her back to bed with me, she fell right back asleep, put her back in the crib, and she didn't wake up until 5am! Woop! That was a pretty good stretch, still not a full stretch, but we're getting there :)

Finally, goobie will be turning 1 in two weeks! I've been planning her big day, while trying to restrain myself from going overboard. I've got to keep myself on check reminding myself that it's her birthday, it's her day, it's her party :) so no circus acts, I've kept it minimal to a face painter :) I can't believe she's turning 1! Wow, how time flies!

Well gotto get back to 'work'...Have a Great Day out there!

No comments: