Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Tears in Heaven...

It's been a sad past week. My best friend's mother left us last Thursday. She fought endless battles with her illness, but in the end, the illness won. I did not spend a lot of time with her, but what I did know, was that Gina was brave and strong, and whenever the sickness tried to get the best of her, she fought!

She was a loving mother who brought up two lovely women, one being like my little sister whom I love so very much. She also leaves behind 3 lovely grandchildren whom I'm sure she will watch over, and although they are all still very small to understand the loss of their grandmother, I am sure that both mothers will make sure to share great memories of their grandmother who loved them so much!

Today, the family bids their final farewell to Gina. I feel awful for not being able to be at the funeral and not being there for my friend, but my thoughts and prayers are with them all. I pray that they find comfort and peace and that as the days, weeks, and years go by, that they continue to celebrate her life and remember her for the beautiful person she was...

May you have eternal rest Gina Attalla...



No comments: