So last night as I was just about to lay Darko (name I bestowed my laptop with) down to sleep, I logged into my email one last time to see if I had received a response to an e-mail I had sent earlier during the day, but to my dismay nothing. So just as I was about to close Darko I noticed that there was an e-mail notification of new comments for one of my posts. I opened the e-mail, and was pleasantly surprised by a comment from a fellow, and very creative blogger Meredith stating that she had gifted me with a Kreativ Blogger Award! I thought? Moi? Creative? no way! but was very humbled to know that one of my peers in blogland would consider little ol' me as being creative, and bestowing me with such award, so thank you so very much Meredith! I am truly honored!
So...now it is my turn to pass this wonderful award along. If you are the recipient of this award, you are required to please follow the following rules:
1. Thank the one who gave it to you.
2. Copy the logo and place it on your blog.
3. Link to the person who nominated you for this award.
4. Name 7 things about you that people think are interesting.
5. Nominate 7 Kreativ Bloggers.
Drum Roll Please...
1. Jessica at Chronically Vintage
2. Richard at The Bewildered Brit
3. Darrin at Dad's Dish Retro Blog
4. Mita at Illustration Poetry
5. Sarah Dee at Black Eyeliner, Baby Giggles, a Siamese Cat, and The Study of the Human Mind
6. Jordie Girl
7. Betsy at Gingerella's Corner
And finally for my 7 'interesting' facts about me...(toughie for me)
1. I have two first names which gets annoying at times because I always get asked 'no, what is your last name' and I say 'that is my last name'! arrgh!
2. I was an extra a looong time ago back in 1995... in the movie Don Juan de Marco starring my husband Johnny Depp. Really, I was! and I got paid fifty bucks (after a thousand takes) to wave good-bye to him in the scene where he is leaving the port. Watch this video, and look for the scene where he's leaving the port. I'm somewhere in there, towards the middle lol
3. I always wanted to learn how to play the violin, but mom couldn't afford to pay for classes, so... in 7th grade while attending a Lutheran private school, my teacher needed a group of people to play the hand bells and since learning how to play the hand bells was included in the tuition, I went for it! I am proud to say I was the only brave girl to volunteer learning to play the bells! It's not as easy as it looks!
4. My voice always get confused with that of a child's voice which works to my benefit when telemarketers call :) They ask "May I speak to your mom or dad" and I respond by telling them that they are out of town and I'll take a message for them lol!
5. I lived in Round Lake Park, IL one Summer and it was the best Summer of my life as a kid. I went to Summer School which was more like Field Trip School because we would go on Field Trips every week! Met some really cool kids, lived within walking distance of the lake, and went swimming almost every day. Best Summer I tell ya!
6. I was privileged to work as an intern at the Los Angeles Times when I was 18 and won a $2,000 scholarship for writing an essay. I don't remember exactly what I had to write about..but I was immensely taken aback when the winner was announced and I was the one chosen by a panel of 5 judges who reviewed 20 other essays submitted by the other interns. I honestly didn't enter the contest with hopes that I would win; I just saw it as an opportunity to challenge myself.
7. I was a freelance make-up artist at one point in my life... After turning down an offer to relocate to Atlanta, Georgia when I worked for EarthLink a few years back, I took advantage of taking some time off work, and pursued one of my dreams which was to become a make-up artist. I learned how to apply different styles of make-up, how to create a variety of hairstyles, and how to create characters, as in creating monsters, and weird looking creatures with prosthetics. It was a blast and I miss it... perhaps someday I'll pick it up again.
So there you have it :) hope I didn't put you to sleep zzzz! Again, congrats to the nominees, and thank you all for being creative little creatures ;)