Monday, March 23, 2009

The Changeling...


I finally got a chance to watch The Changeling over the weekend, and enjoyed it a lot. If you haven't seen it, I highly recommend it. I guess I had hesitated watching it for some time because I'm not a big Angelina Jolie fan and knowing that she was the main character in the story kinda turned me off to it..but I finally gave it a chance :) All aside my admiration (yes I'm being sarcastic) for Jolie, I have to admit she played the role quite well.

The Changeling is based on a true story set in Los Angeles 1928 about a mother whose 9 year old child goes missing. After a few months she is notified by the LAPD that her son has been found but when she if finally reunited with her son, she realizes that the kid is an imposter.

This is where everything starts to unfold...the story touches not only on the kidnapping of a woman's child, but thanks to this incident, it led to the unravelling of the
Wineville Chicken Coop Murders, a kidnapping and murder case uncovered in 1928. Changeling also explores themes such as feminine disempowerment, like throwing women into the looney bin just because you didn't 'bow down to the man' and corruption with the LAPD..lol like that's changed since then right? :D

But anyway, if you get a chance, grab yourself a copy and watch it..



No comments: