Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Domestically Disabled

Last night my attempt to become a "well rounded" woman failed! and it's been has been eating at me all day so I must write about it..

I love to cook, but I'm not much of a baker, however last night I had a sudden interest in making, perhaps the most easiest dessert to make; Bread Pudding, and I failed miserably!
bread pudding Pictures, Images and Photos

Recipe:

EASY BREAD PUDDING (key word "Easy")

3 eggs, beaten

3 c. milk
Pinch of salt
1/2 c. sugar
4 slices bread, cubed
1/2 tsp. vanilla

Mix all ingredients together. Pour into baking dish and bake in moderate 350 degree oven for about an hour or until knife inserted in the side comes out clean.

Now how hard of a recipe is that to follow? I baked the thing for an hour at first and it was still mushy, I put it back into the oven for another 20 minutes..I did the knife check again, and it did not come back clean...threw it back in the oven...2 hours later, I was done! I took it out of the oven, and left it on my stove! I took a bite, flavor was good, but it was still mush! Blah, I gave up and threw the damn thing away!

I really don't know where I went wrong...oh well..I guess I'll have to give it another try some other time, but definitely not in the near future!

Feel much better now ::sigh::

Domestically disabled Pictures, Images and Photos

No comments: