Friday, July 24, 2009

The 5 Best of This Week...

Wow, I can't believe it's Friday already! Awesome! If only all weeks could fly by as this one..wishful thinking right?

Anyway, I have this annoying headache that has been lingering for the past two days. I've been getting headaches more frequently these days...I think it's a concoction of stress, hormones, lack of sleep, etc..etc...I've tried to avoid taking anything for it until last night but it seems like the 250 mg of Ibuprofen I took wasn't enough to kill the pain..meh, so I reckon I'll give Aleve a chance and see if that'll do the trick. Keep your fingers crossed. Alright, alright,so what's your point you ask? I'm getting to it :)

I read an article this morning "8 ways to be a happier Mom, How to focus on the positive (for you and your child)" and I came across a section that caught my attention, which had to do with being grateful. It touches on how being grateful either by saying something or writing down what you're thankful for every day for two weeks you'll feel a mood boost! So given that I think my headaches have to do with the way I have been feeling, I decided to give this a whirl and see if in fact this will boost my morale!

The doc recommends that you write down 3 best things that happened today, but I figure that I won't be able to find the time to do this (I'm being honest ;P ) so I will extend the list to the 5 best things that happened in the week..so stay tuned while I embark on this experiment..if you're up to it, give it a shot too and keep me posted on how it goes!

So here's my list for the week of July 20th

1. Randomly decided to grill during the week, which turned out to be the best dinner; New York Steaks, Grilled Chicken, Pasta Salad, BBQ beans, and Potato Salad. Fattening I know! but oh so Yumm-O!

grilling underwater Pictures, Images and Photos

2. My significant other surprised me with Season 2 of Mad Men (although I wasn't supposed to know about it, since it was going to be a birthday gift)I thought that was real sweet of him!

MAD MEN Pictures, Images and Photos

3. Sharing a bowl of Rocky Road ice cream with my other half while watching "He's Just Not Into You" even though we swore we'd never watch that movie ;)
HES JUST NOT THAT INTO YOU Pictures, Images and Photos

Ice Cream Love Pictures, Images and Photos

4. Watchie Goobie randomly take her dirty diaper to the trash can and throwing it away! LOL, smart little cookie!

5. Getting Kissies from Goobie before I dropped her off at Grandma's this morning <3
Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments: