Monday, November 9, 2009

Scarlet Heavenly Bliss!


Since we were gallivanting Downtown Los Angeles yesterday afternoon with the mister and baby, we decided to finally scope out the infamous Nickel Diner for a late lunch. The Nickel is known for their 'twist' on the typical diner food (Burgers, Sandwiches, Soups, etc) but the icing on the cake I think is their desserts! Mama Mia! See that picture above? Well that is scarlet heavenly bliss melt in your mouth yumminess! It Nickel's take on Red Velvet Cake, and it was absolutely delicious! That's got to be thee BEST velvet cake I've ever had. Sure, everyone and their momma has a velvet cake or cupcake these days but crème de la crème is the "Perle Croquantes" (those little dark dots you see in the filling) which reminded me of the chocolate pearls in a  Nestle Crunch bar!

But the sinfulness doesn't stop with the Red Velvet Cake, they've got an array of goodies to satisfy your sweet tooth like the Peanut Butter Potato Chip cake and Peanut Butter Potato Chip Cupcake


  and the  Bettie Page cheesecake with cherries...



I'm not a big sweet tooth, but by golly, I think I've found my weakness and I just might convert to sweet toothness thanks to the Nickel!




3 comments:

Witchcrafted Life said...

What immensely lovely looking desserts (those photos are beautiful, may I add)! I've had a hankering for chocolate cake lately and would adore the chance to sit down at that diner and sink my folk into a slice of their gorgeous red velvet!

Huge thanks for your wonderful comments and for coming to visit me over at Chronically Vintage, darling gal! I hope you're having a week that's just as sweet as those scrumptious desserts! :)

Oodles of hugs,
♥ Jessica

Miss Go Lightly said...

If you ever make a stop in L.A, you must stop and indulge at that diner!

Ginger said...

oooooooh, I am so hungry now!