Happy Friday the 13th Dahhlings! I personally am not superstitious about the number 13, as I was born on the 13th and have had quite a few birthday's which have fallen on a Friday the 13th, but for Paraskevidekatriaphobics ( term used to describe people afflicted with a morbid, irrational fear of Friday the 13) Friday the 13th brings on morbid and sometimes irrational fear!! ooooooooh!!!!
Here are some some popular and interesting facts about Friday the 13th...did you know that...
- More than 80 percent of high-rises lack a 13th floor.
- Many airports skip the 13th gate.
- Airplanes have no 13th aisle.
- Hospitals and hotels regularly have no room number 13.
- Italians omit the number 13 from their national lottery.
- On streets in Florence, Italy, the house between number 12 and 14 is addressed as 12 and a half.
- Many cities do not have a 13th Street or a 13th Avenue
- In France, socialites known as the quatorziens (fourteeners) once made themselves available as 14th guests to keep a dinner party from an unlucky fate.
- Many say the No. 13 pointed to the ill-fated mission to the moon, Apollo 13.
- In a traditional hangman's noose there are 13 twists of the rope and 13 steps to the gallows.
- Many buildings don't count their 13th floors. You'll see on their elevators that the numbers skip from 12 to 14.
- There is no 13th Avenue in San Francisco, instead Funston Avenue is between 12th and 14th Avenues.
- In Formula 1 racing, there is no car with the number 13. The number has been removed after two drivers were killed in crashes, both driving cars numbered 13.
- Killers Charles Manson, Saddam Hussein, Jeffrey Dahmer, John Wayne Gacy, Theodore Bundy, and Jack The Ripper each have 13 letters in their names.
- Tupac Shakur was shot and killed in Las Vegas on a Friday the 13th.
- Al Capone was sentenced to prison on a Friday the 13th.
- Benny Goodman, the King of Swing, died on a Friday the 13th.
- Hubert Humphrey, the 38th president of the United States, died on a Friday the 13th.
I wish you all a lucky, fun filled Friday the 13th!